Importance of a Centralized Control Centre & its aid to LEA
In an increasingly complex & hyperconnected world, security & defense organizations need a level of insight, collaboration, and optimization not possible before. Hence, Command and Control Centers are crucial for organizations to proficiently and effectively monitor multiple data streams and formulate accurate mission-critical decisions. These centers are not only valuable for Government & Military Agencies but also for the Departments of Police & Fire, Law Enforcement Agencies, and many more.
Understanding the difference: Centralized Database VS. Distributed Database
a) Centralized database:
A centralized database refers to a database system that is located, preserved, and stored in a single location like a main-frame computer. Data stored in the ‘Centralized DBMS’ is distributed throughout the network computers. It involves a set of records that can effortlessly be retrieved from any location by utilizing an internet connection such as WAN and LAN.
b) Distributed database:
The distributed database management system is known as a set of interrelated databases (multiple and logical) which is circulated over the network. It involves a single database which is then split into sub-fragments. Each fragment is assimilated with the other and is coordinated by an individual database.
In a distributed sensor-fusion scheme, the sensor nodes do not possess any global knowledge of the network topology due to the lack of a central fusion center. Each sensor swaps information only with its neighbors and performs local computation. The objective for each sensor is to ultimately have a good evaluation of the unknown parameters.
Importance of Centralized Control Centers for LEAs
Be it for monitoring, responding, collaborating, decision-making, controlling, or communicating, centralized control center solutions are an essential component towards handling daily operations, allowing for additional efficient work and improved decision-making.
A Centralized Command and Control Center enables law enforcement agencies to deliver an instant response to threats to the public. Here’s how!
• It supports making decisions that are driven by data in the phase of an emergency or during standard operations.
• By establishing the required devices and applications, it raises awareness of the situation among civic administrators.
• Customary procedures are regulated to counter an emergency.
• Enables to get in touch with the supporting workforce to confront the on-field grievances and difficulties.
Sunartek’s Central Command Control and Analysis Solution
The Central Command and Analysis Solution from Sunartek is an intelligent decision, support, and operations management platform which allows the user to ‘Intercept, Collect, Process, Analyze & Disseminate’ intelligence information in real-time.
How does it function?
Sunartek’s Data Center aids Commanders and Senior Managers to attain information from numerous sources to be accessible centrally at our Data Center and evaluate them for enhanced planning of operations.
The system collects data from sensors such as COMIT Systems, ELINT Systems, and National Data Repositories into a central database. The collected data is then analyzed using a subsystem. The analysis includes Voice Print Analysis, Image and Video Analysis, Open Source Intelligence, and Crypt Analysis. The results of the analysis are stored as metadata in the same database along with call-related information and intercepted content.
Based on the entire metadata information, various filters can be created by the users. It is based on these filters that the system will generate reports on. Hence, the operators & administrators would be able to access and react to this information.
• The system can integrate existing 3rd party sensors or sensors from Sunartek.
• Provides visualization and advanced graphical analytics.
• Could be integrated with active jamming systems operating across the extensive frequency range to neutralize the signals of interest.
• Integrated GIS for situational awareness.
• VPA includes Speaker & Language Identification, Keyword Spotting, Gender Detection, Emotion Detection, and Age Detection.
• Image and Video Analysis include Face Recognition, Age, Gender, Identification of Vehicle Types and Registration Number, etc.
In a nutshell, the software and customized solutions created by Sunartek are being utilized for the development of raw information. This indeed enables to assist organizations of intelligence and other LEAs, efficiently and effectively.